||[ personal data ]|
Jesper Vissing Laursen
born 9 February 1968 in Gentofte, Denmark
phone: +49 172 83 61 879
||[ education ]
|10.2004 - 09.2005
||MSc in Air Transport Management, Cranfield University, Cranfield, United Kingdom
|09.1989 - 02.1994
||BA in English, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
|09.1993 - 06.1995
||Subsidiary Course in Film & Media Studies, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
||[ work experience ]
|04.2008 - present
||Manager, International Sales at Air Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Details following shortly...
|06.2007 - 03.2008
||Sales Agent at Air Berlin, Copenhagen Airport, Denmark
- Responsible for selling, making changes in, and issuing tickets for Air Berlin and interline partners using BLANK and Amadeus Vista.
- Provided customer assistence with the above as well as seat reservations, other special services, the TopBonus frequent flier programme.
- Assisted the airport handling partner in connection with passenger check-in as well as in case of flight irregularities.
|06.2006 - 06.2007
||Ad hoc Analyst at AviaSolutions
- Part of the AviaSolutions team on consultancy projects in the German air transport market
|01.2000 - 04.2001
||European Wireless Producer, Yahoo! Europe, London, United Kingdom
- Assisted European production and business development teams in concluding revenue generating deals and services in cooperation with mobile phone manufacturers Siemens and Mitsubishi as well as mobile operators TIM (Italy), Telefonica (Spain), Vodafone (Germany), BT Cellnet (UK), Radiolinja (Finland) and diAx (Switzerland).
- Managed/supervised the rollout of over 15 WAP (WML) products in 8 languages, working together with a team of local wireless producers and engineers.
- Managed the rollout of 15 WAP (WML) services in 8 languages, co-ordinating a team of wireless producers and engineers in Europe and the U.S.
- Guest speaker at international conferences organized by IBC, Marcus Evans, IIR.
|01.1998 - 01.2000
||Producer, Yahoo! Danmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Worked with surfers and engineers in building, maintaining and enhancing www.yahoo.dk. This included launching and supervising services such as News, Sports, Finance, Weather, Mail, Shopping, Classifieds, My Yahoo!, Messenger, and Address Book.
- Negotiated agreements with local media players (print, broadcast, online) encompassing content cooperation and distribution but also involving e-commerce based services such as classifieds. Successfully secured content and distribution agreements with players such as Reuters, RB-Børsen, Danmarks Radio, Ekstra Bladet, and Aktuelt.
|04.1997 - 12.1997
||Webmaster, NESA A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Conceived and built the NESA website at www.nesa.dk, in the process soliciting and coordinating contributions from copywriters, graphic designers and external contractors.
- Head of cross-departmental task force implementing a system in which NESA customers could access info on their utility bill, meter usage etc. This involved project management and supervision of the integration between back-end mainframe systems and web servers.
- Worked together with the IT Department in creating an Intranet.
|09.1995 - 03.1997
||Consultant, Teknologisk Institut, Høje Taastrup, Denmark
- Conceived and executed 50+ courses and seminars, from introductory Internet courses, seminars on business use of the Net and web mastering to advanced courses and seminars on the usage of Internet search tools. The customers were SME´s, Danish multinationals, as well as the Danish government.
- Project Manager for the DTI website project, involving coordination between 40 individual centres. Technical Webmaster for the same site (www.teknologisk.dk).
- Involved in creating websites for own division within DTI as well as for smaller units. Consulting within the same field for external companies.
- Founder, Editor-in-chief and writer for the electronic newsletter CyberTech.
- Author of report on electronic publishing for the Danish Ministry of Research
- Member of task force developing a DTI Intranet as well as document handling and knowledge management processes.
|06.1995 - 04.2001
||Founder of Vissing Kommunikation, freelance consultant, journalist and author
- Devised and executed seminars on Internet usage. Clients: The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Association of Danish Engineers, Teknologisk Institut, The Educational Institute for Journalists, DTL, SEB, and The Royal Danish School of Librarianship.
- Co-Author of Find det på Internet, an Internet search guide published 1997 by IDG.
- Over 50 articles written on Internet related subjects to Danish newspaper Politiken as well as a number of Danish (Ajour, American Studies in Scandinavia) and American magazines (Database, Online, now E-content).
- Researcher and writer for Faulkner Information Services, New Jersey, USA (www.faulkner.com).